Zhi Hong (Sarah)
Chen has been working with individuals, families, and children in communities since 2002. She has worked with the Region of Waterloo Public Health, KW Counselling Services, and Family and
Children Services of the Waterloo Region. In addition to individual, couple, and family counselling, she also facilitates ongoing parenting workshops in different
Sarah is a Registered Social Worker who has been trained in a
range of therapeutic interventions and modalities such as; EMDR, Hypnotic & Yoga Relaxation, Motivational Interviewing, CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy), Narrative therapy, DBT
Mindfulness, Solution Focused & Strength Based interventions to help people to achieve their goals. Sarah Chen is professionally trained to provide culturally-sensitive service to individuals,
families, and groups.
Graduated from Wilfrid Laurier University, Sarah Chen is a member of the Ontario Social Workers and Social Service Workers (MSW, RSW), the Canadian Association of Social Workers.
- Certification of EMDR Clinician
- Certification of CBT Therapist
- Certification of Addictions
- Trained Emotionally Focused Couple
- Certification of Conflict Management and
- Certification of Death, Dying and Bereavement/Grief
- English and Mandarin speaking